[funsec] The solution to Phishing

Fergie fergdawg at netzero.net
Tue Oct 25 23:08:01 CDT 2005

Not sure if anyone else has seen the L.A. Times article on Sunday:

It's definately worth the read.

Also worth a read:

Never attribute to cluelessness, or ignorance, what you may
be able to attribute to mailce or corruption.

- ferg

-- "Aditya Deshmukh" <aditya.deshmukh at online.gateway.strangled.net> wrote:

> To start up a bank. What, did you think that was impossible? Lots of
> people have done it, you don't need a licence (provided you pretend that
> you aren't a bank) and you don't even need any capital. The one that comes
> most readily to mind is Paypal.
> And in the New Zealand Fitzgerald Bank, online services will only be
> available to those who can demonstrate a degree of Clue. Alternatively, in
> the NZFB, online services will use an authentication system that can't be
> phished.

This bank would be perfect for all 419 emails that need my account to
transfer millions from some "suspense account" or "inheretance"

"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 fergdawg at netzero.net or fergdawg at sbcglobal.net