[funsec] The solution to Phishing

Fergie fergdawg at netzero.net
Tue Oct 25 23:08:01 CDT 2005

Not sure if anyone else has seen the L.A. Times article on Sunday:

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-scammers20oct20,0,7003468.story?coll=la-home-world

It's definately worth the read.

Also worth a read:

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20051025/1030224_F.shtml

Never attribute to cluelessness, or ignorance, what you may
be able to attribute to mailce or corruption.

- ferg

-- "Aditya Deshmukh" <aditya.deshmukh at online.gateway.strangled.net> wrote:

> To start up a bank. What, did you think that was impossible? Lots of
> people have done it, you don't need a licence (provided you pretend that
> you aren't a bank) and you don't even need any capital. The one that comes
> most readily to mind is Paypal.
>
> And in the New Zealand Fitzgerald Bank, online services will only be
> available to those who can demonstrate a degree of Clue. Alternatively, in
> the NZFB, online services will use an authentication system that can't be
> phished.

This bank would be perfect for all 419 emails that need my account to
transfer millions from some "suspense account" or "inheretance"

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 fergdawg at netzero.net or fergdawg at sbcglobal.net