[funsec] Phishing for VOIP

Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah rslade at sprint.ca
Mon Sep 12 16:42:09 CDT 2005

From:           	"Dr. Neal Krawetz" <hf at hackerfactor.com>
Date sent:      	Mon, 12 Sep 2005 13:03:39 -0600 (MDT)

> Combination #2: Phone Phishing
>   Ring Ring
>   "Hello?"
>   (thick Russian accent) "Wello, Wis is eBay.  We need to werify account."

As far as I've heard, the automated telemarketing spam (mostly automated
messages) that are using VoIP are beign referred to as "SPIT" (which I find
hilarious).

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade at vcn.bc.ca      slade at victoria.tc.ca      rslade at sun.soci.niu.edu
There were two 'Reigns of Terror', if we could but remember and
consider it; the one wrought murder in hot passions, the other in
heartless cold blood; the one lasted mere months, the other had
lasted a thousand years; the one inflicted death upon a thousand
persons, the other upon a hundred million; but our shudders are
all for the horrors of the momentary Terror, so to speak;
whereas, what is the horror of swift death by the axe compared
with lifelong death from hunger, cold, insult, cruelty and
heartbreak? A city cemetery could contain the coffins filled by
that brief terror that we have all been so diligently taught to
shiver at and mourn over; but all France could hardly contain the
coffins filled by that older and real Terror -- that unspeakable
bitter and awful Terror which none of us has been taught to see
in its vastness or pity as it deserves.                -  Mark Twain
http://victoria.tc.ca/techrev    or    http://sun.soci.niu.edu/~rslade