[funsec] Rita and panic gas buying

Blanchard_Michael at emc.com Blanchard_Michael at emc.com
Fri Sep 23 13:09:16 CDT 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: Gregory Hicks [mailto:ghicks at well.com]
Sent: Friday, September 23, 2005 1:02 PM
To: jonathan.glass at oit.gatech.edu; rslade at sprint.ca; Blanchard, Michael
(InfoSec)
Cc: funsec at linuxbox.org
Subject: RE: [funsec] Rita and panic gas buying

> From: Blanchard_Michael at emc.com
> Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 12:54:29 -0400
>
>  agree completely.  One statement that you made:
>
> "Interestingly, there was a 'panic' egged on by media hype, and that
> caused many to rush the gas stations.."
>
>  Is absolutely true!  The media is the enemy when it comes to things
> like this.  Due to the media hype on "gas up tonight everyone and avoid
> the high
[...snip...]

>   If you read this and work for a media outlet, please don't be
> offended in any way, I do not mean to offend anyone in any way and
> sorry if I did.

Why not?  I would have meant for them to examine their practices and
change - for the better.  Less hype, less 'entertainment' and more
plain reporting.

I would have hoped that it DID offend.  Then maybe they would wake up
and change.

Regards,
Gregory Hicks

--->  I agree, I just didn't want anyone to take it personally :-)

  Mike B