[funsec] A byproduct of Rita here in Austin today....

Fergie (Paul Ferguson) fergdawg at netzero.net
Sun Sep 25 16:21:43 CDT 2005

Completely off-topic, I know, but.. Wow.

It's a scorcher here in Austin at the momemt at 107 degrees F
(41.7 C).

Dry as a bone, too.

[snip]

...RECORD HIGHS EXPECTED AGAIN THIS AFTERNOON FOR MUCH OF SOUTH CENTRAL TEXAS AND THE HILL COUNTRY...
THE WAKE OF HURRICANE RITA HAS RESULTED IN UNUSUALLY HOT WEATHER FOR THE REGION THIS WEEKEND. THE HOT TEMPERATURES ARE DUE TO THE SINKING AIR OCCURRING SOUTHWEST OF THE REMNANTS OF RITA AND DRY WEST TO SOUTHWEST WINDS IN THE LOWER LEVELS OF THE ATMOSPHERE.

LISTED BELOW ARE THE RECORD HIGHS FOR TODAY...

AUSTIN/CAMP MABRY...97 IN 1993 AUSTIN BERGSTROM....97 IN 1956 SAN ANTONIO.........97 IN 1993 DEL RIO............105 IN 1977

[snip]

...I think we've far surpassed our record high temps for today.

- ferg

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 fergdawg at netzero.net or fergdawg at sbcglobal.net