[funsec] An OCR plug-in for Spamassassin

Axel Pettinger api at worldonline.de
Mon Apr 17 08:48:16 CDT 2006

Nick FitzGerald wrote:

> Axel Pettinger to me:
>
> > I think I've seen such spam mails. The image in my stock spam mail
> > sample contains, apart from the text, many colored pixels.
>
> The test is to find two spams with the same "image text", and you
> will (almost certainly) find that the other components of the image
> are different, as described...

Ok. I've searched for it, found several similar stock spam mails which
contained different colored pixels in the image, and then also one mail
which was sent from the same computer mentioned before. It was sent two
hours earlier. Almost everything was different but the image[1] ...

Either the different colored pixels are not used to change the hash of
the image or their creators change the image only from time to time or
from computer to computer.

Regards,
Axel Pettinger

[1] Image text begins with the following two lines:
"BUDGET WASTE INC (BDWT.PK)
WATCH BDWT LIKE A HAWK ON MONDAY 04/17/06"