[funsec] University of South Carolina e-Mail CompromisesStudentIDs

Drsolly drsollyp at drsolly.com
Thu Apr 20 11:52:34 CDT 2006

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006, Brian Loe wrote:

> On 4/19/06, Justin Polazzo <jpolazzo at thesportsauthority.com> wrote:
> > You try taking over the US with _any_ kind of weapon, and I bet it will
> > fail. You gonna nuke em? They are set up so that not all of Them are at
> > the same place at the same time.
> >

> Huh?
>
> > My point is that violent rebellion is not possible anymore, and that was
> > the original reason to have guns. If we now want to have guns to blow
> > each other away, well that kinda sux IMO.
>
> This displays ignorance of such a degree and at so many levels...

> > How many people die in europe each year from gunshot wounds? How many
> > stores are held up (at gunpoint or otherwise)? What are the same numbers
> > for the states?
> > If you think about these things _D_I_S_P_A_S_S_I_O_N_A_T_E_L_Y, you
> > might just understand where I am coming from, but probably not.
>
> Anyone who has looked at the numbers will be on the same side as me -

Here's the numbers.

Year 2003, 163 deaths from firearms in the UK.
Year 2003, 30126 deaths from firearms in the USA.

> give the English their guns back. That's just numbers - never mind the
> morality of such laws.

You don't get it. You can't "give the English their guns back". I never
owned a gun, you can't give back what I never had.

And I don't want to own a gun. And I don't want to live in a country where
so many people don't feel safe unless they're carrying a gun and have guns
in the house.