[funsec] Toronto Says Licence-Tampering on City Computer Systems is 'Impossible '

Fergie fergdawg at netzero.net
Tue Apr 25 09:25:08 CDT 2006

I generally chuckle when I hear anyone claim that this or
that is impossible -- it flies in the face of common sense
and reasonable judegment. :-)

Via The Globe and Mail.

[snip]

A disgraced top official's renewed allegations of tampering with city tow-truck licences were rejected yesterday by Toronto Mayor David Miller.

"That's not possible," he told reporters, responding to former municipal licensing and standards executive director Pamela Coburn's assertion, made in some news outlets yesterday, that criminal records possibly were deleted from city files to make it easier for suspected biker gang members to get tow-truck licences.

"That's just simply not possible with our computer system," the mayor said.

However, Mr. Miller now says a more frequent check of licence holders for criminal records, more often than the current standard of every four years, is "under review."

[snip]

More:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20060425.gtlicence25/BNStory/Technology/

- ferg