[funsec] Daughter's computer

Drsolly drsollyp at drsolly.com
Thu Apr 27 10:58:22 CDT 2006

On Thu, 27 Apr 2006, Brian Loe wrote:

> That's certainly an option - and virtual pc software is now,
> essentially, free - so why not?
>
> Well, there is a lot of overhead in running an OS on top of an OS,
> especially when the pay off is just web browsing.
>
> Perhaps you should just invest in some decent anti-virus software and

Is there some? I'm not too keen on installing software that's been written
and tested and distributed in less than 24 hours.

> point her to the various adware and spybot cleaners available - which
> are also free.

In my experince of a driveby, cleaners didn't and I had to reinstall. And
Microsoft says the same. I rather like the idea of following the Microsoft
recommendation and reinstall Windows, even though in this case, it means
I'll be installing Linux (if I can talk her into it).