[funsec] Consumer Reports Slammed for Creating 'Test' Viruses

Drsolly drsollyp at drsolly.com
Mon Aug 21 14:26:21 CDT 2006

I don't think I made a comment about who was involved in the testing. What
I did menti0n, was that it would be interesting to see their methodiology.
In particular, how did the generate these 5,000 viruses, and how did they
verify that they were, indeed, viruses.

I know one magazine that did an AV test using a large number of files,
none of which turned out to be viruses. But that's an extreme case, of
course.