[funsec] 'Bad Guys are Winning' Despite Fight Against Spam

Bruce Ediger eballen1 at qwest.net
Fri Dec 8 14:13:55 CST 2006

On Fri, 8 Dec 2006, Don Blumenthal wrote:

>> On 12/8/06, Bruce Ediger <eballen1 at qwest.net> wrote:
>> I personally have long held the belief that only violence against
>> spammers
>> will solve the spam problem.
> It's been tried.
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/07/26/russian_spammer_killed. It doesn't
> look to me as if Russian spam volumes have gone down.

"Notorious Russian spammer Vardan Kushnir was found bludgeoned to
death ...  He was killed by repeated blows to the head..."

Not nearly baroque enough to frighten off the chicken-boners here in
the USA, I'm afraid.  They watch a lot of "James Bond" and Vin Diesel
movies, and a lot of them have spent time traveling with the circus,
so they're pretty much immune to threats of bludgeoning.

I bet if you held them down and flossed them, there'd
be a huge decrease.

--
Bruce Ediger
720-932-1954