[funsec] join the spam poison community?

Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah rMslade at shaw.ca
Fri Feb 3 13:53:25 CST 2006

Date sent:      	Fri, 3 Feb 2006 09:24:09 -0600
From:           	"Todd Towles" <toddtowles at brookshires.com>

> Gary wrote:
> > http://spampoison.com/
>
> I have had this on my blog for a couple of months...the idea makes
> sense, but does it really work??

I rather suspect that it wouldn't make much difference.  I would think that a more
effective means of obtaining valid addresses would be harvesting from infected
machine that are part of spambotnets.  Robot harvesting from the web still goes
on, no doubt, but I wouldn't think it would be a major source of valid addresses
anymore.

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade at vcn.bc.ca      slade at victoria.tc.ca      rslade at sun.soci.niu.edu
I think we have to realize that Canada is not immortal. But if it
is going to go, let it go with a bang rather than a whimper.
                            - Pierre Elliott Trudeau, March 30, 1988
http://victoria.tc.ca/techrev    or    http://sun.soci.niu.edu/~rslade