[funsec] Ilfak's WMF patch

Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah rMslade at shaw.ca
Mon Jan 2 16:33:41 CST 2006

From:           	"Peter Kruse" <kruse at krusesecurity.dk>
Date sent:      	Sun, 1 Jan 2006 22:34:36 +0100

> I ran the "patch" yesterday and so far I've seen no sideeffects. Ilfak's
> installer simply patches the Escape() function in GDI32.DLL, revoking WMF's
> SetAbortProc handler. I see no reason not to install this.

For those testing, is it possible to say which version you tried?  I've seen at least
two: a 11 version and the one currently showing on the site is 13.

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade at vcn.bc.ca      slade at victoria.tc.ca      rslade at sun.soci.niu.edu
If it's ALL Things Considered, does that mean it's NPR-Complete?
                                                     - Craig Swanson
http://victoria.tc.ca/techrev    or    http://sun.soci.niu.edu/~rslade