Push!Music [Was: RE: [funsec] Coldplay's new CD: can't play it, can't return it]

Fergie fergdawg at netzero.net
Fri Jan 6 13:50:27 CST 2006

On a related note, via The Inquirer:

'Swedish Students Concoct Music Industry’s Nightmare'

A GROUP OF students at the Viktoria Institute in Gothenburg, Sweden, has worked out a system of P2P music listening and sharing that will make the head of the RIAA wake up in the night in a cold sweat.

The students have developed something they call Push!Music. This is a mobile, peer-to-peer music listening and sharing application.

It runs on WiFi-enabled PDAs and allows users to actively recommend songs by pushing music to other users in the proximity.

This story goes well with Illiad's cartoon for the day:

- ferg

-- "Todd Towles" <toddtowles at brookshires.com> wrote:

> For a full-time Windows user such as myself, that's a lot of work. :-)
> What I find works well is to turn off CD-ROM autorun, and
> then download an alternate ripper that doesn't mess with
> rendering the correct session of a multi-session disc.  One
> such is CDex.  That's the procedure if the DRM software isn't
> on your box.  If it is, you'll have to find some way to
> uninstall it, and then use the steps I describe.

CDEx is great. That is what I use in Windows, but why fight with all of
that. If you own the CD, just jump on Limewire or BitTorrent and
download the whole thing ;) I know the quality may not be as good and it
may take forever, but it is legal right? However not advised BTW lol

"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 fergdawg at netzero.net or fergdawg at sbcglobal.net