[funsec] How Hard Can It Be To Cancel An AOL Account?

Blanchard_Michael at emc.com Blanchard_Michael at emc.com
Wed Jun 21 11:53:28 CDT 2006

 I remember cancelling my AOL account way back in 94 - 95.  I actually started with them when they were "applelink" back a few years before that....   It was the same headache to cancel way back then as it is now.  I had to make a few phone calls before they'd actually stop charging me and really cancel my account.  They'd always try to bribe me with a free month of access, or some such crap, that I always refused.

  Now that was over 10 years ago, and they're still doing the same crap.

Michael P. Blanchard
Antivirus / Security Engineer, CISSP, GCIH, CCSA-NGX, MCSE
Office of Information Security & Risk Management
EMC ² Corporation
4400 Computer Dr.
Westboro, MA 01580