[funsec] Why doenst myspace forbid Zango

Dude VanWinkle dudevanwinkle at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 22:30:21 CST 2006

Isn't there some way to prevent people from pulling a zango from the
youtube pages? I would think that blocking anything that links to
spyware would be a good policy.

Now I havent used youtube, but I would assume that they have an AV
scanner for posted content, right?

from: http://news.com.com/2100-7349_3-6133447.html?part=rss&tag=2547-1_3-0-20&subj=news

Adware may be lurking in video on MySpace
Several pages offer explicit video that appears to come from YouTube,
but is hosted elsewhere and triggers installation of adware when
played.

Several MySpace pages offer what appear to be YouTube videos that
trigger the installation of adware when played, a security company has
warned.

"Assuming that users have accepted the agreement, the video downloads
and attempts to install setup.exe from Zango Cash," Websense said.