[funsec] Patch Tuesday: Microsoft to Patch 11 Vulnerabilities

Fergie fergdawg at netzero.net
Thu Oct 5 13:30:12 CDT 2006

Via the Microsoft Security Response Center (MSRC) Blog.

[snip]

Next Tuesday, on October 10, 2006 at approximately 10:00 am PT we are
slated to release eleven new security bulletins:

Six Microsoft Security Bulletins affecting Microsoft Windows. The
highest Maximum Severity rating for these is Critical. These updates
will be detectable using the Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer. Some
of these updates will require a restart.

Four Microsoft Security Bulletins affecting Microsoft Office. The
highest Maximum Severity rating for these is Critical. These updates
will be detectable using the Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer.
These updates may require a restart.

One Microsoft Security Bulletin affecting Microsoft .NET Framework. The
highest Maximum Severity rating for this is Moderate. These updates
will be detectable using the Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer and
the Enterprise Scan Tool. These updates may require a restart.

We will also be making our regular monthly update to the Microsoft
Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool.

[snip]

More:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/advance.mspx

- ferg