[funsec] Canadian revolution

Drsolly drsollyp at drsolly.com
Wed Oct 25 10:15:25 CDT 2006

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 09:18:30 CDT, Brian Loe said:
>
> > congregations that do a LOT of good around the world. How you can
> > compare modern Christian religions to the wackos in the middle east is
> > beyond me..
>
> I'll go out on a limb here and suggest that if anything, a greater percentage
> of Christians in North America are further around the bend than the Muslims
> in the middle east.  Where did "Intelligent Design in schools" and "defense
> of marriage" stuff come from?

Intelligent Design is an attempt to upgrade Creationism from a writing in
a Holy Book, to a Scientific Theory, which then means that it can be
taught in schools on a par with evolution without conflicting with the
separation of church and state.

"Defense of marriage" is a new one to me, what's that all about?

> And at least the middle east wackos have an excuse - they don't have a
> constitution that codifies tolerance and equality.  We, however, are
> actively trying to backslide on those concepts....

That can only be because you're forgotten what that leads to, but if you
need a reminder, look at Iraq.