[funsec] An OMB memo that we would like to see

Richard M. Smith rms at computerbytesman.com
Sat Apr 28 13:17:48 CDT 2007

Dear Federal Employee,

It has come to our attention that some employees of the U.S. Federal
Government are using government-issued cellphones to arrange liaisons with
so-called "escort services" in the Washington, D.C. area.  (See "Senior
Official Linked to Escort Service Resigns" at http://tinyurl.com/ypub27 for
more details.)  This memo is to remind all Federal employees that such uses
of government property are strictly prohibited under Federal Law.

OMB instead recommends employees purchase a prepaid cellphone with cash for
calling escort services.  These phones are available for as low as $15 each
at your local Walmart or Target store.  More information can be found here:

   http://tinyurl.com/2dlw44
   http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4809760

These anonymous cellphones will help keep you, your sexual adventures, and
the U.S. Government out of the media spotlight.

OMB Director