[funsec] Bravery

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Thu Aug 2 22:21:50 CDT 2007

On Thu, 02 Aug 2007 22:45:12 EDT, "Richard M. Smith" said:

> I guy I know investigates Internet fake photos.  His approach is to find one
> or both of the photos on the Internet that make up a fake.

Does he have a better approach than hitting images.google.com and hoping to
spot it?   I mean, taking this photo as an example, how *DO* you go about
looking for "a picture that looks like this one, except for this small 50x50
pixel area"?

(I'm familiar with the basic concepts of computing the similarity of two
photos - the problem here is optimizing "compare one photo to all the other
1,534,439,538 photos on the net, or the other 2,349 once you pre-filter all
the other ones that have enough skin-tone to be probable pr0n" ;)