[funsec] Kaspersky strikes again

Larry Seltzer Larry at larryseltzer.com
Sun Dec 23 06:22:12 CST 2007

>>> How tough is it for a large company to have 50 or so "clean"
>>> workstations, packed with applications

> Especially virtual PCs? I would think that would be their test
platform of choice.

I've been involved setting up in a lot of testing labs and this is the
dream scenario. It does ignore certain compatibility issues, in that
you're not testing real PCs, but the potential number of those is
infinite.

I think Andreas Marx at AV-Test has a virtual PC test lab. It's the only
way he could test the massive number of variants and products he does.
I'm sure it's like knocking down a zillion dominoes, all the work is in
setting up the test.

Larry Seltzer
eWEEK.com Security Center Editor
http://security.eweek.com/