[funsec] Web two dot bubble jingle
ge at linuxbox.org
Sun Dec 23 15:07:20 CST 2007
On Sun, 23 Dec 2007, Alex Eckelberry wrote:
>> I now believe facebook may no longer be there in a few years.
> What? You don't want 20 billion notifications a day, and more fun
> messages on your superwall???
1. Facebook's lack of control or enforcement of applications
4. Being kicked for being a spammer when you are not
5. A billion notifications, repeated
6. Bad human engineering
7. All my worlds converging in one profile
Are all fine, as I was addicted.
I liked the system, the people, the everything... but now...
1. They advertise too much, in an intrusive fashioN
2. They removed status updates/twitter from new profiles on the main page,
which is one of the main reasons I kept coming
3. They replaced it with something annoying, when I click HIDE, it shows
"click here to.." instead of hide it. Treating me like an addicted idiot
4. The updates are no longer what they used to be, they aggregate the user
updates wrong while they used to do it right. What was lacking was
history, not getting less. More made me feel I wanted to go back
Now don't get me started on the security issues, "OMG OH MY GOD".
But on top of all of that, they made their "Google grace period" go away
by introducing Beacon, now we all look at them funny instead of as the new
cool kid we all love.
THEN, there are all the security issues.
And then, they have Google as enemies, and Google is working hard and my
money is on them.
I am a happy facebook user, and a proud one, but they are losing me with
every day that passes, and they will just die out if they continue to:
1. Remove their attractive features
2. Annoy their user base
As I see it, likely with Google's next effort.
> -----Original Message-----
> From: funsec-bounces at linuxbox.org [mailto:funsec-bounces at linuxbox.org]
> On Behalf Of Gadi Evron
> Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2007 3:20 PM
> To: Hubbard, Dan
> Cc: funsec at linuxbox.org
> Subject: Re: [funsec] Web two dot bubble jingle
> I'll facebook it, although facebook has contributed to making me
> un-addicted from facebook.
> I now believe facebook may no longer be there in a few years.
> On Sun, 23 Dec 2007, Hubbard, Dan wrote:
>> Blog it blog it blog it blog it.
>> Protected by Websense Messaging Security ? www.websense.com
> Fun and Misc security discussion for OT posts.
> Note: funsec is a public and open mailing list.
More information about the funsec