[funsec] Could be a problem

Randall M randallm at fidmail.com
Thu Jan 4 19:46:54 CST 2007

SYDNEY, Jan 4 (Reuters Life!) - An Australian bank has apologized for
issuing a credit card to a cat after its owner decided to test the bank's
identity security system.
The Bank of Queensland issued a credit card to Messiah the cat when his
owner Katherine Campbell applied for a secondary card on her account under
its name.
"I just couldn't believe it. People need to be aware of this and banks need
to have better security," Campbell told local media on Thursday.
The bank said the cat's card had been canceled. "We apologize as this should
not have happened," it said in a statement.
http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=oddlyEnoughNews&storyid=
2007-01-04T163349Z_01_L0479367_RTRUKOC_0_US-AUSTRALIA-CAT.xml&src=rss

Thank You
Randall M

"You too can have your very own Computer!"

Note: Side effects include:
Blue screens; interrupt violation;
illegal operations; remote code
exploitations; virus and malware infestations;
and other unknown vulnerabilities.