[funsec] Congress: P2P networks harm national security

Dragos Ruiu dr at kyx.net
Wed Jul 25 01:20:15 CDT 2007

On Tuesday 24 July 2007 22:14, Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 05:01:52 -0000, Paul Ferguson said:
> > In any event, I know the _Japanese_Government_ has had plenty of
> > problems with p2p (Winny) and the inadvertent loss of sensitive
> > information:
> >
> > http://fergdawg.blogspot.com/search?q=winny
> The Japanese response was to ask the Japanese *population* to not use
> Winny, rather than actually fixing the security on government computers.
> We obviously didn't learn from their mistakes.

P2P has been villified enough in Japan that an elementary
school teached committed suicide after sharing out
students personal information recently.

I think people have to think critially about severity of
what really happens to accidentally leaked information
before jumping to conclusions.

World Security Pros. Cutting Edge Training, Tools, and Techniques
Tokyo, Japan   November 29/30 - 2007    http://pacsec.jp
pgpkey http://dragos.com/ kyxpgp