[funsec] Congress: P2P networks harm national security

Dragos Ruiu dr at kyx.net
Wed Jul 25 01:20:15 CDT 2007

On Tuesday 24 July 2007 22:14, Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 05:01:52 -0000, Paul Ferguson said:
> > In any event, I know the _Japanese_Government_ has had plenty of
> > problems with p2p (Winny) and the inadvertent loss of sensitive
> > information:
> >
> > http://fergdawg.blogspot.com/search?q=winny
>
> The Japanese response was to ask the Japanese *population* to not use
> Winny, rather than actually fixing the security on government computers.
>
> We obviously didn't learn from their mistakes.

P2P has been villified enough in Japan that an elementary
school teached committed suicide after sharing out
students personal information recently.

I think people have to think critially about severity of
what really happens to accidentally leaked information
before jumping to conclusions.

cheers,
--dr

--
World Security Pros. Cutting Edge Training, Tools, and Techniques
Tokyo, Japan   November 29/30 - 2007    http://pacsec.jp