[funsec] Malware Knocks Defense Department e-Mail Offline

Technocrat dj.technocrat.listmail at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 01:35:20 CDT 2007

On 6/22/07, Dude VanWinkle <dudevanwinkle at gmail.com> wrote:

> And now that el reg has it, its official ;-)
>

> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/06/22/department_of_defense_email_hacked/

It is quite possible that 1,500 computers were taken offline, but that
sounds like a much bigger issue than some e-mail getting hacked....

I still think it was 1,500 e-mail accounts. But perhaps my information is
wrong as well...don't know. I guess only time will tell.

IndiaTimes is saying e-mail accounts....

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/Hacker_breaks_into_Pentagon_email_system/articleshow/2140426.cms

A single Exchange server could have been taken offline and caused that many
boxes to be shutdown...

-Technocrat