[funsec] "Safest ever" passport is not fit for purpose

Brian Loe knobdy at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 08:40:40 CST 2007

On 3/6/07, Drsolly <drsollyp at drsolly.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Mar 2007 Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 08:39:19 GMT, Col said:
> > > Last night a Home Office spokesman said: "We do not believe it would
> > > be possible to successfully forge a new passport by doing this.
> >
> > The ability of British government personnel to believe contrafactual things
> > is surpassed only by the ability of US government leadership to do.
>
> It's called "faith", and many people think it's a Good Thing.

List the "contrafactual things" the US leadership has believed?

Faith does not equal believing, that's the point you continually miss.

The English, in at least the one political ring I follow, have
continually denied the obvious facts and pursued ever increasingly bad
ideas to remain in denial. Why should it be different on any other
political front. Much like when they were watching their colonies
revolt - rather than try to keep the peace they preferred to anger the
colonies further. I would never say the English are stupid, or even
ignorant, its just that they are very, very stubborn.