[funsec] Delicious Irony of the Day: BillOReilly.com DDoS'd

Drsolly drsollyp at drsolly.com
Sat Mar 10 18:38:01 CST 2007

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007, Brian Loe wrote:

> On 3/10/07, Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu <Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu> wrote:
>
> > I don't know who was behind it (cut to background montage of the now infamous
> > "what really happened" Joe Lieberman website hack),
>
> I'm still under the impression that it was an unpaid bill that brought
> down the site. Its not like a web site ever won an election anyway...
>

> > but I do know that it
> > would likely have not been as easy to perpetrate if so many people weren't
> > tools of a capitalistic monopoly software vendor.
>
> What monopoly?

I'm guessing that he's referring to the Microsoft monopoly of desktop
systems, which means that botnets have become a major problem.

> And before you answer, tell us what you're running on
> the machine you're typing from.

Linux.

Perhaps you didn't know that a "Monopoly" doesn't mean that the vendor has
100% of the market?

> What's wrong with capitalism - other than its American and you hate America?

Nothing, but that's probably because it isn't American, it's British. And
I don't hate America, although I wouldn't like to live there, and I'm
reluctant to visit since America got a dose of xenophobic paranoia.
But the food there is great, and I'm told that if you look carefully, you
can find good beers in most cities.