[funsec] Delicious Irony of the Day: BillOReilly.com DDoS'd

David Harley david.a.harley at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 07:48:49 CDT 2007

> Listen - there's nothing wrong with thinking that you're
> living in a great country. Most Europeans think that too.
> What can be a tad annoying is thinking that other people don't.

I usually assume that life is too short to get into this sort of discussion.
But I may as well say this once. There is a lot about the US I like, though
I don't particularly yearn to live there, and there are some Americans whose
friendship I value greatly. There's a lot about the US I don't like so much,
but I don't think the UK/Europe/Brits/Europeans is/are perfection either. I
do get tired of "My country good, your country bad" near-chauvinism. It's
not unique to the US by any means (in real life, very little is unique to
the US apart from geographical location), but I do see an awful lot of it
from there, and it's not my kind of fun.

If it were, I'd spend more time discussing Microsoft with Mac users.

> Most Americans completely fail to understand the idea of
> constitutional democracy with a monarch as Head of State.

I haven't yet worked out why the constitutional role of your head of state
defines whether your society is capitalist, either.

> They fail to understand that we are no more "yoked to the
> monarch" than American are yoked to the American flag. Both
> are a symbol of the state; the main difference is that you
> can't fly the queen from your truck.

There are members of the royal family that I would like to string up like
the Union flag, but that's another discussion. Now where can I get a pair of
those asbestos jammies?

--
David Harley
Security Author/Editor/Consultant, Antivirus Researcher
dharley at smallblue-greenworld.co.uk
New botnet book: http://www.syngress.com/catalog/?pid=4270
Security Bibliography:
http://www.smallblue-greenworld.co.uk/pages/bibliography.html