[funsec] Delicious Irony of the Day: BillOReilly.com DDoS'd

Brian Loe knobdy at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 13:01:14 CDT 2007

On 3/11/07, Ken Dyke <kdyke at keycomputerconsultants.com> wrote:

> > I'd like to hear the varying definitions of an extremist right winger
> > - that doesn't include the religious "right".
>
> Neo-conservative

They are "centrists" - not extreme in either direction.

> Through the constant re-defining of what the center is by the MSM et al
> most everyone identified as staunch right-wing is an extremist.

I agree, and I don't find it to be true at all. MOST conservatives I
know are not only NOT extremist but would fit better in, for instance,
the Libertarian Party than they do the Republicans. Likewise, in
discussions with liberals or democrats, as soon as you remove
"Republican" and any Republicans name from the debate, speak only to
specific issues, you find that they to would fit better with the
Libertarians. The differences between the two could easily be
approached reasonably and compromised on.

Politicians are the problem, we need to stop electing them to office.

> > >Bill O'Reilly is well known for "winning" arguments by
> > >telling people to shut up.
> >
> > One, that's not a win.
> Notice the quotes around winning.  Same as you used in the post I
> originally replied to.

Point taken...

> > Two, the only time I can recall him doing that
> > is with Al Franken
>
> The Daily Show did a great bit where they showed Bill telling a large
> number of people to shut up.

Was he being shouted down? Was it that public debate with Al Franken?

The Daily Show, like Michael Moore, are very good at editing.

> > Just another word for liberals. Why do I think liberals did it? Well,
> > name me a couple of extremist, activist conservative or libertarian
> > groups.
>
> Al-Qaeda

I wouldn't refer to them as having political interests at all. And if
they do, I don't know what I'd call it.

> You seem to be under the thrall of the myth that the US is a two-party
> system.  The implication being that the political spectrum is flat and
> can be divided into left and right.  www.politicalcompass.org is
> interesting (as far as it goes).

You withdrew this comment but I'm glad you brought it up just the
same. I'm almost willing to bet that Solly and I are not far off from
each other politically... what might be the implications of such a
thing?

It also addresses the issue of having these discussions, the
definitions of these terms (conservative, liberal, extremist, etc.)
change like the wind and are based on nothing more than that days news
reel.