[funsec] Delicious Irony of the Day: BillOReilly.com DDoS'd

Drsolly drsollyp at drsolly.com
Sun Mar 11 14:25:40 CDT 2007

> ...now I miss that point.  The state owns the property on my property
> and that is still somehow inalienable property rights for me, the
> citizen?  Yes, I wish my property belonged to me, that being kinda
> the theme song of inalienable property rights...

See, it's like this. Imagine you wrote a song, and you sold the US rights
to one person, the German rights to another. Then someone comes along and
wants to make a movie out of it, so you sell the movie rights to them.

No "your" song is only partly yours, because some of the rights of that
song are no longer yours.

Likewise in this case. If you own a piece of land, there might be a
right of way across it, in which case you don't have the right to put up a
fence that blocks that right of way. There might also be a covenant to
manitain your fences that you agreed to when you bought the property. It
might also specify that another person has grazing rights on part of your
property, and another one has the right to gather firewood.

Now you might *wish* that you owned all those rights. But that doesn't
mean you do, or that you should.

However, the rights that you do have on your property, are inalienable.

Hope that explains what I meant.