[funsec] insite to using cell phone to intercept

Kurt Grutzmacher grutz at jingojango.net
Tue Mar 13 11:43:25 CDT 2007

The NYT article (
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/06/business/06walmart.html?_r=1&oref=slogin)
isn't entirely clear but I'd be surprised if it wasn't just programming the
PBX to record calls to a specific extension when CID = NYT. The home-made
rig to capture text messages from within the building is intriguing.

This has a little stink of HP's troubles but in a southern-state kind of
way. Never mess with good'ol'boys with bubba trucks and gun racks! They'll
monitor your SMS messages with some hillbilly ingenuity!