[funsec] Does Verizon Wireless (or Windows Mobile) really know whattime it is?

Young, Keith Keith.Young at montgomerycountymd.gov
Sat Mar 17 18:41:22 CDT 2007

Standard cell phones from Verizon just sync the time from the closest CDMA cell base station (which is, in turn, syncing from GPS). It sounds like either your phone software needs to be updated or (unlikely) your local base station is not getting the GPS signal.

Either way, I would just visit your local Verizon Wireless store or call their tech support line.

--Keith

Keith Young, Security Official
Department of Technology Services
Montgomery County, Maryland