*SPAM* [funsec] More info on malware-scan.com ads on, newspaper Web sites

Randy Mueller randallm at fidmail.com
Sun Nov 11 08:15:27 CST 2007

====================
Message: 5
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 20:21:00 -0500
From: "Larry Seltzer" <Larry at larryseltzer.com>
Subject: RE: *SPAM* [funsec] More info on malware-scan.com ads on
	newspaper	Web sites
To: <rms at computerbytesman.com>, <funsec at linuxbox.org>

I'm not sure why the ad networks would need to do anything. You'd think, OTOH, that publishers like YNet would drop ads that included the redirects, especially since they're taking the user away from the publication. At this point I blame Ynet more than the ad network. It's sort of like the womany who refuses to leave the husband who's beating her.

Larry Seltzer
eWEEK.com Security Center Editor
http://security.eweek.com/
http://blogs.pcmag.com/securitywatch/
Contributing Editor, PC Magazine
larry.seltzer at ziffdavisenterprise.com

Well Larry, that is just to dam simple. Come up with something hard.