[funsec] This is news?
Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah
rMslade at shaw.ca
Mon Sep 10 19:35:45 CDT 2007
Top headline from today's DHS report:
"According to The NewYork Times, hydrogen peroxide, the chemical that
German police say two terrorism suspects planned to use to make bombs, is a
simple molecule, two oxygen atoms and two hydrogen atoms, with myriad uses."
Do tell! The NewYork Times had to tell somebody that?
(The actual article had a bit more detail that rather changed the tone:
"Hydrogen peroxide, the chemical that German police say two terrorism suspects
planned to use to make bombs, is a simple moleculetwo oxygen atoms and two
hydrogen atoms with myriad uses. The hydrogen peroxide available in
drugstores is just 3 percent hydrogen peroxide by weight; the other 97 percent is
water. But at greater concentrations, above 70 percent, hydrogen peroxide can be
used as a rocket propellantor as an ingredient for explosives. The suspects
arrested in Germany on Tuesday had obtained 1,500 pounds of moderately
concentrated solution, made up of 35 percent hydrogen peroxide. The federal
Department ofTransportation regulates solutions containing 8 percent or more
hydrogen peroxide by weight as hazardous materials."
====================== (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade at vcn.bc.ca slade at victoria.tc.ca rslade at computercrime.org
Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?
- Frank Scully
More information about the funsec