[funsec] Book censorship in the U.S.A.

Tue Sep 18 15:32:06 CDT 2007

>> A Lewiston woman who said she was "horrified" by the content of an
>> acclaimed sex education book has checked out copies from two
>> libraries and refuses to give them back.
> Of course, this woman should probably be in jail for what she did,
> but that's another matter.

I dunno; I don't think they jail people for petty theft - nor do I
think they should; much as I like libraries and books, I don't think
stealing two books, even for as k00ky a reason as wigging out over
their contents, should draw jail time, unless there's something very
special about the books (like a Shakespeare first folio).

> I hope if they get new copies they have the good sense not to let her
> take them out.

If they have two brain cells to rub together they won't even let her in
the library again, much less let her borrow anything!

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse at rodents.montreal.qc.ca