[funsec] Land of the free laptop search

Toralv_Dirro at McAfee.com Toralv_Dirro at McAfee.com
Thu Apr 24 13:14:17 CDT 2008

> On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 08:57:16PM -0700, Blue Boar wrote:
> > I think that came up in the original case, or a similar one. If you
> > decline to provide your password, you have the options of
> leaving it
> > with customs for however many weeks they need to complete
> their examination.
>
> 	Time to issue warnings to all travellers to the US.
>
> 	Don't take your laptop.

Take a fresh installed one and later download an image for the virtual
machine of your choice encrypted with the crypto of your choice that
contains your actual workspace/data....

*shrug*

Either they assume all terrorists are complete morons or their target is
other data....

cheers,
Toralv

Firmensitz:     Muenchen
Amtsgericht:     AG Muenchen
Handelsregister:   HRB 144340
Geschaeftsfuehrer:   Eric F. Brown, Anthony E. Ruiseal
Bankverbindung:   ABN-Amro Bank N.V. Konto 671 211 9006
UST-ID:   DE168122444