[funsec] Windows 7 Beta review link

Daniel H. Renner dan at losangelescomputerhelp.com
Mon Dec 29 14:04:34 CST 2008

I don't see Corporate business being won over by Win v7 unless the intrusive 'Content Protection', as in media degradation/re-structure (http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/pubs/vista_cost.html) and the ability to collect data by any 3rd party included in Microsoft's club (see the Vista EULA quote below) are removed.

Also, in my experience, the "slow-moving hardware performance" had absolutely nothing to do with hardware, but rather everything to do with extra processes running in the background of Vista.  When a brand new computer with 2GB of RAM, no anti-virus installed and not connected to a network is continually running the hard drive for hours while in blank screen saver mode with the unit's screen powered down -- it is not slow hardware.

But then I may be thinking too much...