[funsec] Network Solutions steals domain ideas; Confirmed!

Steve Pirk orion at deathcon.com
Sun Jan 13 14:27:02 CST 2008

I tested this by doing just a whois query from my linux box yesterday.
Today, the domain is registered to Network Solutions. It may take a
bit longer, but even queries against whois.networksolutions.com seem
to get registered.

Unfortuunately, if the whois program cannot figure out which whois
server to query, it defaults to doing a lookup against
whois.networksolutions.com. Play it safe and force it to use another?

$ whois netsolisrippingpeopleoff.com

    Domain Name: NETSOLISRIPPINGPEOPLEOFF.COM
    Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC.
    Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com

--
Steve
Equal bytes for women.