[funsec] Texas Bank Dumps Antivirus for Whitelisting

Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah rMslade at shaw.ca
Thu Jul 17 13:35:01 CDT 2008

Date sent:      	Wed, 16 Jul 2008 21:33:32 -0400
From:           	"Richard M. Smith" <rms at computerbytesman.com>

> I'm not sure how Harvard Architecture, whatever it might be, would protect
> against SQL injection and XSS errors.

Kids these days.

Harvard architecture, unlike von Neumann architecture, had a strict separation of
progrma and data store and representation.  It would have been impossible for a
program to modify its own or other executable material.  Data was not executable,
so SQL injection and XSS would have been impossible.  (So would a lot of other
things, but ...)

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade at vcn.bc.ca     slade at victoria.tc.ca     rslade at computercrime.org
Skill without imagination is craftsmanship and gives us many
useful objects such as wickerwork picnic baskets.  Imagination
without skill gives us modern art.                    - Tom Stoppard
http://victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm