[funsec] Texas Bank Dumps Antivirus for Whitelisting

Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah rMslade at shaw.ca
Thu Jul 17 17:30:18 CDT 2008

Date sent:      	Thu, 17 Jul 2008 14:02:52 -0400
From:           	"Richard M. Smith" <rms at computerbytesman.com>

> But how does a Web browser running on a Harvard Architecture stop XSS
> errors?  Code and data mixing happens within HTML and not at the binary
> machine level.  You're now saying that we should ditch HTML with its mixture of
> tags, text, and script code are you?

Boy, you really *don't* know anything about computer architecture, do you?

Interpreting HTML on a Harvard architecture machine might be interesting, but,
in any case, there would not be any mixing of code and data.  Therefore, Web
browsing under Harvard architecture would not involve any active content, at least
not any that would be executed on the client (browser) machine.

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade at vcn.bc.ca     slade at victoria.tc.ca     rslade at computercrime.org
     (sqrt(-1)) before (2.71828), except after (186,242 miles/sec)
http://victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm