[funsec] Widow: My husband died from online drugs
AlexE at sunbelt-software.com
Fri May 23 13:34:32 CDT 2008
I remember reading about one spammer who got out of the business because
he actually (incredibly) felt guilty, after realizing that the only
people buying the meds were addicts.
From: funsec-bounces at linuxbox.org [mailto:funsec-bounces at linuxbox.org]
On Behalf Of Paul Ferguson
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2008 11:01 PM
To: funsec at linuxbox.org
Subject: [funsec] Widow: My husband died from online drugs
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
She found her husband on their bed in a pool of his own vomit, dead from
an accidental overdose of drugs he received from an online pharmacy.
Every night before her husband went to bed, he would open a
prescription bottle of the muscle relaxant Soma and swallow the eight or
nine pills it took for him to fall asleep, said the woman. She spoke to
CNN on condition of anonymity because she wants to protect her husband's
identity and not embarrass his family.
The drugs arrived at their doorstep every week. She thought they were
being prescribed by a treating physician. Her husband had been in a car
accident and suffered back pain, and Soma was the one drug that could
relieve the aches.
She was wrong. The drugs were purchased online without a doctor's visit.
She says that her husband had become an addict -- and that the Internet
sites that sold him the drugs were his pushers.
- - ferg
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: PGP Desktop 9.6.3 (Build 3017)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
Engineering Architecture for the Internet fergdawg(at)netzero.net
ferg's tech blog: http://fergdawg.blogspot.com/
Fun and Misc security discussion for OT posts.
Note: funsec is a public and open mailing list.
More information about the funsec