[funsec] Cybercrime as destructive as credit crisis

Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah rMslade at shaw.ca
Thu Nov 20 16:55:05 CST 2008

Date sent:      	Thu, 20 Nov 2008 13:51:13 -0600
From:           	Thomas Raef <traef at ebasedsecurity.com>

> But don't you think cybercrime is much the same?

I'm with you, Thomas.  I recall a 2006 FBI survey (done on 2005 data) indicating
malware related incidents had a huge *financial* impact: they estimated 62 billion
for 2005, US-wide.  Even allowing for over-reporting and lack of understanding, I
still think that's gotta count for something.

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade at vcn.bc.ca     slade at victoria.tc.ca     rslade at computercrime.org
             Press any key to continue.  NO, NO, NOT *THAT* ONE!
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/