[funsec] FTC files complaint against "BogusComputerScan Software" makers

Robert Graham robert_david_graham at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 19 16:40:47 CDT 2009

--- On Sun, 4/19/09, Rich Kulawiec <rsk at gsp.org> wrote:
> but they [FTC] have yet to demonstrate the ability, even once,
> to take *effective* action.

But isn't that a good thing? FTC regulates *trade*, not Internet traffic, and I would like to see it stay that way.

No matter how much we detest spam, it's part of the larger freedoms that make up the Internet. We can't get rid of spam without sacrificing some of these freedoms. We can deal with spam ourselves. Indeed, it's government interference (such as lawsuits against the likes of SpamHaus) that's in our way.