[funsec] Gartner: Financial Fraud Hits 7.5 Percent of U.S. Adults

Martin Tomasek tomasek at ufe.cz
Wed Mar 4 04:59:19 CST 2009

Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 6:49:41 AM, you wrote:

> About 7.5 percent of U.S. adults lost money as a result of financial fraud
> last year, mostly due to data breaches, according to a new Gartner study to
> be released on Tuesday night.

This  is  incorrect. 100% of US citizens suffered from financial fraud
last   year.  There  was  large  scale  mortgage  obligations  fraud,
resulting  in  financial  crisis.  Total  is  expected  to be about $2
trillion  now  and  about  $3.5  trillion  at the end of 2008. That is
aproximately  $2T/200M  = $10000 per capita for now, which will double
at the end of the year. :-(

Because of large sum nobody will be jailed. So this fradulent behavior
will  continue.  :-(  Being  american  I would be out already shooting
bankers responsible for this. :-)

 Martin Tomasek                            mailto:tomasek at ufe.cz