[funsec] U.S. Joint Forces Command releases new irregular warfare vision

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Thu Mar 26 14:36:35 CDT 2009

On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 10:10:49 PDT, Jarrod Frates said:

> they've fought to take.  However, as good as they may be, a typical
> special forces unit would find it a challenge at best to hold off an
> entire battalion.  Massed formations are where regular forces come in.

By the time the battalion gets there, any special forces unit worth its salt
is already over the ridgeline and watching the hilarity ensue as the battalion
runs into all the boobytraps.  Which is why Iraq is such a mess for us - we've
got lots of battalions over there, and the opponent is close to 100% special
forces oriented...