[funsec] WTF! Or, wow, this never happened to me before!

Amrit Williams johndoe321 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 19:45:28 CST 2009

Use the interupption as an opportunity to highlight the importance of
dealing with the unexpected - easy to relate to how security folks are
constantly called on to deal with unanticipated, ad-hoc, unstructured
problems.

Always amazed at how easily some presenters get rattled (not talking about
you), mike's go down, presentation gets screwy, laptop stops functioning,
jokes don't work, someone catches on fire, etc - the solid presenters go
with it, the bad ones throw up their hands and drag the audience down with
them.

btw - I truly doubt any of your suggested methods to break the programming
would have worked, Army folks are not conditioned to accept deviations from
stated intentions. If the mission is to have a fire drill, then they are
going to have a fire drill.