[funsec] watch the lives of others, get cash prizes!

G. D. Fuego gdfuego at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 14:01:36 CDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 9:33 AM, Alex Eckelberry
<AlexE at sunbelt-software.com> wrote:

> Registered surfers will compete for up to £1,000 a month, collecting points
> by watching a selection of anonymous cameras and clicking a button whenever
> they see something suspicious. The click will send an SMS and a still image
> to the camera operator, who decides whether to do anything about it. (You
> can lose points for sending a false alarm.) Says Morgan, who insists this is
> "not a game – these are not prizes, they're rewards for spotting crime",
> Internet Eyes "could turn out to be the best crime-prevention weapon there's
> ever been". What's not to love?

I guess they haven't heard that there are trolls on the internet.

I expect to see hundreds of people clicking on "suspicious" actions to
the tune of several thousand SMS messages in an attempt to win the
prize.  They will be noise compared to the dozen people competing to
see how low their points can get by clicking thousands of times each.

--
gdfuego