[funsec] truth is for Admins

RandallM randallm at fidmail.com
Sun Oct 25 19:23:30 CDT 2009

On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 11:55 AM,  <Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu> wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Oct 2009 21:47:22 CDT, RandallM said:
>> truth is, stupid is stupid does. if my users are stupid then I am to
>> blame. Users are my best defense or worse enemy, depends on the
>> training I do
>
> Gee, I wish I had your job, where you get to pick and choose your users
> and get rid of the ones that are untrainable for whatever reason.
>
> Most of us get stuck with having to provide ISP service to any Joe Sixpack
> who pays the bill, or student who gets past the Admissions office, or
> idiot employee who makes it past HR.  And there isn't much we can do about it.

Now that I re-read you reply I see where we are not on the same
thought. I said "teach" not pick. Most users start out without
knowledge. If in my network I let them stay that way about safety on
the web I provide then its my fault. Today's user if careless usually
ends up without a usable computer. When I fix'em backup they are dumb
with what happen and soon are tired of it and wants to know how to
prevent it.

--
been great, thanks
a.k.a System