[funsec] truth is for Admins

Les Bell lesbell at lesbell.com.au
Sun Oct 25 21:50:26 CDT 2009

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu wrote:

It's been repeatedly shown that if you restrict yourself to the sort of
training you can do and remain employed (no training at gunpoint, etc),
you'll be lucky if half of the users retain a significant portion of
your message.
<<

That's probably true, but if user screwups account for, say, 90% of
breaches, then if half the users clean up their act, that will account for
a 45% improvement in the situation?

(Yeah, and if we had some bacon, we could have bacon and eggs, if we had
some eggs. But you get the point . . . )

Best,

--- Les Bell
[http://www.lesbell.com.au]
Tel: +61 2 9451 1144