[funsec] Teens now getting high off 'digital drugs'

Martin Tomasek tomasek at ufe.cz
Fri Jul 16 04:43:23 CDT 2010

On 7/15/2010 9:26 PM, David M Chess wrote:

> *Martin Tomasek <tomasek at ufe.cz>*
>
> >Some people use AVS machines as a shortcut for reaching certain states
> >of mind. Instead of spending 20 years meditating, they just put the
> >headphones on..
>
> ... and then either (A) realize that nothing valuable has happened and
> curse at the money they wasted, or (B) delude themselves into thinking
> it actually did anything even vaguely comparable to 20 years of
> meditation.
>
> :)

Or, as in my case, C) made their own machine, started hating the sound
and after seeing 'hypnotoad' character in futurama series they are ROTFL
every time they hear about binaural beats. :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiVYjRbZMe0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX6s-9hv800 (there's advertisement at
7:05 :-)

--