[funsec] Crowdsourcing and gamification

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 17:00:50 CDT 2010

"You start as a lowly cadet, but as you digitise more readings you get
steadily promoted. The idea of turning an otherwise mundane process
into a game, to give people more of an incentive to do it, has been a
hot trend this year, known as "gameification";
Aren't these Pyramid schemes? Oh wait, they are volunteers....